Odoo Help

5 Answers

BISSTECH SRL Romania

--BISSTECH SRL--
| 5 2 7
Cluj, Romania
--BISSTECH SRL--

Our company promotes cutting-edge ICT technologies in SMEs at national and at European level. We develop and automate customers business with open source solutions such as OpenERP. Thus, we foster the increase of productivity and the cost reduction in the companies of our customers, driving the consolidation of their market position. We address business requirements from domains such as CRM, sales, human resources, project management, hotel administration etc. Our customers can choose between in-house or in-cloud ERP solutions.

Firma noastra promoveaza tehnologiile ICT de varf pe piata IMM-urilor la nivel national si European. Prin informatizarea afacerilor folosind solutii open source, crestem productivitatea si reducem costurile in firmele clientilor nostri, consolidandu-le pozitia pe piata. Adresam cerinte de business din domeniile marketing & vanzari, resurse umane, managementul proiectelor, administrarea depozitelor, managementul hotelurilor etc. Astfel, implementam sisteme informatice integrate si flexibile, care se mapeaza pe cerintele de business ale clientului. La alegerea clientului, solutia ERP poate fi gazduita si in cloud.

BISSTECH SRL Romania
2/1/15, 4:41 PM

I don't think that the membership module helps! I think that such a behaviour can currently be achieved only with a custom website module, with a dedicated controller, which can handle different roles for the menus requests.

Bruno JOLIVEAU Canada
2/4/15, 10:43 PM

Hi Ralf,

I met the same case in one of our company project.

I think this addons will help you

https://github.com/savoirfairelinux/website/tree/8.0-website_menu_display/website_menu_by_user_status

Lara Netherlands
2/5/15, 6:00 AM

Hi you can hide you shop from public viewers

Go to the shop -> editor and put in a group after Products like this groups="base.group_portal"  or other group if you like.

Go to record rules and make a rule for the website menu 

Object = website.menu.  Rule = [('url','not like','%/shop%')] Group = public 

Ralf Hilgenstock Germany
2/2/15, 7:05 AM

Yes, we thought about website_sales.  I think its a scenario that is often used. If you are not working in B2C, but in B2B you will give only registered sales organisations access to the shop.

1 Comment
DevBranch Company Limited, Luke Branch Hong Kong
2/4/15, 10:54 PM

@Ralf

I recommend you take a look at this forum thread: https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/how-to-remove-pricing-for-not-logged-in-users-on-e-commerce-website-for-distributor-business-to-business-sales-52924

I'm guessing you just need to hide pricing and e-commerce functionality from the normal public user (ie. not logged in). The instructions there are incredibly basic, but they are workable if this is all you need.

I will eventually be looking into building a community module designed to tailor Odoo to B2B sales through the website, as this is a need I have for a few projects myself.

With that being said if you have any specific features you need please feel free to comment back with them so that they can be discussed as I will consider adding them to the feature list for the module.

Currently i'm working on a module that uses an OCA module in product-attribute for displaying customer's stock codes and product names to them when they login to the website as a B2B customer. This allows them to shop and search by their own stock code rather than having to refer to our own internal codes which is useful for our customers and I will be adding this functionality to the module.

John Baldwin United States
2/1/15, 2:19 PM

Are you talking about the website? What do you mean by "shop"?

What you really need is a membership style site where the use must be logged in to view offers.

I've never used it but you could try this addon: https://www.odoo.com/apps/modules/8.0/website_membership/

Ask a Question
Keep Informed
3 follower(s)
About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register
Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now