Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to hide the shop for unregistered users?

By
Ralf Hilgenstock
on 2/1/15, 8:53 AM 1,719 views

We need the shop only for registered clients. External should not see the offers. How can I configure this setting.

BISSTECH SRL
On 2/1/15, 4:41 PM

I don't think that the membership module helps! I think that such a behaviour can currently be achieved only with a custom website module, with a dedicated controller, which can handle different roles for the menus requests.

Bruno JOLIVEAU
On 2/4/15, 10:43 PM

Hi Ralf,

I met the same case in one of our company project.

I think this addons will help you

https://github.com/savoirfairelinux/website/tree/8.0-website_menu_display/website_menu_by_user_status

Lara
On 2/5/15, 6:00 AM

Hi you can hide you shop from public viewers

Go to the shop -> editor and put in a group after Products like this groups="base.group_portal"  or other group if you like.

Go to record rules and make a rule for the website menu 

Object = website.menu.  Rule = [('url','not like','%/shop%')] Group = public 

Ralf Hilgenstock
On 2/2/15, 7:05 AM

Yes, we thought about website_sales.  I think its a scenario that is often used. If you are not working in B2C, but in B2B you will give only registered sales organisations access to the shop.

@Ralf

I recommend you take a look at this forum thread: https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/how-to-remove-pricing-for-not-logged-in-users-on-e-commerce-website-for-distributor-business-to-business-sales-52924

I'm guessing you just need to hide pricing and e-commerce functionality from the normal public user (ie. not logged in). The instructions there are incredibly basic, but they are workable if this is all you need.

I will eventually be looking into building a community module designed to tailor Odoo to B2B sales through the website, as this is a need I have for a few projects myself.

With that being said if you have any specific features you need please feel free to comment back with them so that they can be discussed as I will consider adding them to the feature list for the module.

Currently i'm working on a module that uses an OCA module in product-attribute for displaying customer's stock codes and product names to them when they login to the website as a B2B customer. This allows them to shop and search by their own stock code rather than having to refer to our own internal codes which is useful for our customers and I will be adding this functionality to the module.

Luke Branch
on 2/4/15, 10:54 PM
John Baldwin
On 2/1/15, 2:19 PM

Are you talking about the website? What do you mean by "shop"?

What you really need is a membership style site where the use must be logged in to view offers.

I've never used it but you could try this addon: https://www.odoo.com/apps/modules/8.0/website_membership/

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/1/15, 8:53 AM
Seen: 1719 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM