Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to hide settings menu from user keeping all other rights same as admin

on 1/11/14, 7:44 AM 774 views

I want to hide Settings menu from user keeping all other rights same as user i.e. user should login as administrator but he should not have access of settings menu only

Sylvain LE GAL
On 1/11/14, 9:03 AM

Maybe I'm wrong but I think that's not the good way to remove access rights or menu access from user 'admin', because admin (i.e. res_user.id = 1) can access to all model and change all.

Better to keep 'admin' with full rights and create a new user with access you will define.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 1/11/14, 7:44 AM
Seen: 774 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM