Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to hide projects in "my timesheet" for users not assigned to the project?

By
Horst Horstensen
on 3/29/13, 7:51 AM 3,377 views

Currently i have a question regarding the my timesheet function. If i create a project and select the "timesheet/stundenzettel" box, the employees are able to enter their working hours on the specific project using the my timesheet/"mein stundenzettel" function. So far so good. Unfortunately every user can book on every project where the timesheet/stundenzettel box is checked, regardless if he is a member of the project team or not.

As an example i have some freelancers working und some projects but i do not want them to

1. see all company projects
  2. be able to book their working time on wrong projects

Is there a way to only show projects where the user is assigned to?

To make it lees confusing, i mean the "my timesheet" function where a user might book for a whole week.

Horst Horstensen
on 3/30/13, 11:14 AM

@Horst: are you able to fix the issue?

dirtyHandsPHP
on 8/5/14, 5:48 AM
Hamza Rana
On 7/30/16, 8:14 AM

Any luck with this? I have tried to set record rules for analytic accounts, still everyone can see all unassigned analytical accounts on their screen. Need help. :(

Paweł Kostrzewa
On 12/20/13, 7:34 PM

There is a module called "Easy Tracking" available for trunk.

Roberto Ergo
On 12/3/13, 8:06 AM

I have same need! It's very important

dirtyHandsPHP
On 8/5/14, 5:46 AM

Have same requirement......Any solution till now?

sandu nicolae
On 12/17/13, 7:52 PM

I have the same need! Any solution?

TS
On 11/12/13, 4:10 PM

have same need - but also no answer yet; can anyone share solution? looking for a tool/option to enable project visibility in timesheets of particular users only

regards Tomasz

Tobias Frankl
On 6/12/14, 3:55 PM

In developer mode I have seen that timesheet is connected to analytical accounts, not to the project directly. So the information "member of project" has to be translated into the analytical account visible to the member of project. That could be described in a security rule.

The Form view for the "Summary" is a widget. Which for me is not easy to change.

I m not able to do it, but the thought maybe helps.

The "Easy Tracking" does not work in ERP 7.

Josse Colpaert (jco)
On 3/30/13, 10:00 AM

In the project form, you have a field Visibility. You can put that to followers only instead of public.

thanks for the answer, unfortunately hiding projects by visibility only works for the projects view but nut for timesheets. In general i would expect only employees assigned to a product as worker or manager are able to book their working time on them. Has anyone another hint on how to configure the visibility of projects on thimesheets?

Horst Horstensen
on 4/1/13, 4:11 AM

Were you ever able to find a solution?

Jon
on 6/5/13, 5:11 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

4 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/29/13, 7:51 AM
Seen: 3377 times
Last updated: 7/30/16, 8:14 AM