Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to hide parent menu?

By
Anirudh Lou
on 10/20/14, 5:24 AM 657 views

Hi, any one knows how to fix hiding menu? I tried to hide a parent menu on my module. My goal is to hide Sales Menu. Using this code:
<menuitem name="Sales" id="base.menu_base_partner" groups="my_mp5.group_hidden" sequence="20"/> but when i update my module nothing happened. The Sales Menu is still there.

Ivan

--Ivan--
| 5 3 6
Jakarta, Indonesia
--Ivan--
Ivan
On 10/20/14, 7:38 AM

Anirudh, you may need to change the XML syntax to use the normal <record ...></record> syntax to change the groups.

Hi doe, can you give an example how to do that?

Alcaline
on 10/21/14, 9:18 PM

Alcaline, you can find a lot of examples in addons/hr_evaluation/security/hr_evaluation_security.xml

Ivan
on 11/12/14, 6:58 AM
Kit Sunde
On 1/6/15, 2:34 AM

Like this:

<record id="base.menu_base_partner" model="ir.ui.menu"
    <field name="groups_id" eval="[(6, False, (ref('my_mp5.group_hidden'),))]"/> 
</record>

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/20/14, 5:24 AM
Seen: 657 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM