Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to Hide message menu in OpenERP 7

By
sridhar
on 6/1/13, 1:59 AM 4,679 views

I need how to hide a message menu for users, there is anyway for that please help me.

what do u mean by hide a message menu for users , u mean to disable the openerp chatter ?

kalmenchia
on 6/1/13, 2:17 AM

If one user login means sales, purchase, Hr module only needed, user not needed to messaging menu i want hide please help me...

sridhar
on 6/1/13, 2:55 AM
Dharmesh Rathod
On 6/1/13, 4:39 AM

Hi,

<record id="mail.mail_feeds_main" model="ir.ui.menu">
    <field name="groups_id" eval="[(3, ref('base.group_user'))]"/>
</record>

Above code will remove USER group from "Messaging" menu and you can put another group

Email : info@acespritech.com
Blog : acespritechblog.wordpress.com

Thanks for reply... where i remove this code... example addons--> which folder please tell them...

sridhar
on 6/1/13, 4:51 AM

You can put in any XML file (create new or put in existing addons xml)

Dharmesh Rathod
on 6/1/13, 5:03 AM

I asking where i paste this xml. Please specify the path.

sridhar
on 6/1/13, 5:15 AM
KG
On 11/5/13, 4:30 AM

I've seen several posts asking this question and I finally found an easy solution. Messaging comes from the default group Human Resources/Employee so either remove the user from that group or duplicate that group and make an 'Employee-NoMessaging' group if you are using HR for something, removing the messaging menu.

This new support forum sucks, by the way

Actually, just found a better solution here - http://help.openerp.com/question/953/how-to-disable-menus-for-specific-users/

KG
on 11/5/13, 4:35 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/1/13, 1:59 AM
Seen: 4679 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM