Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to hide form Edit button depends on field value?

By
Dariusz Kubiak
on 10/30/13, 10:06 AM 7,212 views

I have project issue form for portal customer which they can edit only on state 'new'. Customer can change some of the issue state pressing buttons. I can make fields read only depends on the state, but the Edit button is visible on every state which confuses the user. To hide the button completely I can use <form edit=”false”>...</form>, but it's not the point.

The question is: How to hide Edit button in other states except 'new'? The lines below don't work.

<form attrs="{'edit': [('state','=','new')]}">
   <field name="state">
</form>

Why? Because the form attribute depends on the field which is on the form? Or the syntax is wrong?

which are the other state of your form ??

Bhavesh
on 10/31/13, 6:57 AM

deep

--deep--
| 5 4 7
Bengaluru, India
--deep--

Techno-Functional Associate with 6+ years of experience in Odoo (formerly known as OpenERP).

deep
On 7/28/14, 3:35 AM

Hi...

One cannot hide/show ORM buttons like EDIT/SAVE/DELETE etc based on form data...

Because according to OPENERP framework, view(XML) is loaded first, then data will be retrived from database... hence one cannot change the view based on data...

So feasible option to control your data from editing is through locking the fields using States....

Maximiliano
On 7/26/14, 7:42 PM

can you find a solution?

shashank verma
On 7/28/14, 10:39 AM

Hello Darek,

This is very much possible by using fields_view_get() ORM method:

Following code:

def fields_view_get(self, cr, uid, view_id=None, view_type='form', context=True, toolbar=False, submenu=False):

result = super(my_model, self).fields_view_get(cr, uid, view_id, view_type, context, toolbar, submenu)
        if view_type=='form':
            current_id=context.get('active_id', False)
            my_state=self.browse(cr,uid,current_id).state
            if my_state=='new':
                modify_edit_str='edit="false"'
                result['arch']='<form string="My configuration "  %s version="7.0">\n...................... so onnnnn'%(modify_edit_str)
            else:
                pass

return result

This code going to work smooth.The only problem i faced at the moment is to get active id .If you somehow get active id of your model this model then edit button can be visible/invisible according to your state.

le_dilem
On 10/30/13, 12:40 PM

Hi the syntax is wrong

<button name="button_name"  attrs="{'invisible':[('state','=','draft')]}"/>

Thank you for answer, but the question was about the default form Edit button, which doesn't have a specific name. That's why I gave the example <form edit=”false”>...</form>

Darek
on 10/30/13, 12:56 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/30/13, 10:06 AM
Seen: 7212 times
Last updated: 8/25/15, 2:31 PM