Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to hide "discount" columns on saleorders/invoices if there are none?

By
Malte Jörgens
on 4/2/15, 7:54 AM 1,060 views

I found this old thread discussing the same question:

https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/hide-discounts-on-order-lines-on-quotations-invoices-16510

However, the solution suggested is outdated and doesn't apply to the new QWeb-based reporting engine. I just wondered, if there is a better/easier solution by now to automatically determine, whether the "discount" column should be displayed or not. Also, it would be nice to hide the discount in an invoice line, if there is none given or it is negative.

zbik

--zbik--
| 6 4 7
Lodz, Poland
--zbik--

zbik
On 4/2/15, 8:23 AM

Modifications in Qweb report:

<t t-set="is_discount" t-value="0"/>
<t t-foreach="o.invoice_line" t-as="l">
<t t-if="l.discount"><t t-set="is_discount" t-value="1"/></t>
</t>
<t t-if="is_discount">
<th class="text-right" groups="sale.group_discount_per_so_line">Discount (%)</th>
</t>
<t t-if="is_discount">
<td class="text-right" groups="sale.group_discount_per_so_line"><span t-field="l.discount"/></td>
</t>

Malte Jörgens
On 4/7/15, 11:46 AM

Sorry for the wait, I didn't have time until now to test the propsed solution.

With the answer of zbik pointing me in the direction, but the proposed solution not working, i had to modify it in two places to get it working:

<t t-set="is_discount" t-value="False"/>
<!-- This is important, otherwise is_discount will only be visible inside the foreach-loop and be undefined thereafter -->

<t t-foreach="o.order_line" t-as="l">
<t t-if="l.discount"><t t-set="is_discount" t-value="True"/></t>
</t>

<!-- Table headers -->
<t t-if="is_discount">
<th class="text-right">Discount</th>
</t>

<!-- Actual table row -->
<t t-if="is_discount"> <!-- Instead of l.discount, otherwise there is a cell missing and following columns will be shifted -->
<td class="text-right" groups="sale.group_discount_per_so_line"><t t-if="l.discount"><span t-field="l.discount"/>&#160;%</t></td>
</t>

Which works very well altogether now.

PS: Sorry for posting this as answer, my karma doesn't allow me to comment yet :(

Yes you are right,

zbik
on 4/8/15, 6:34 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/2/15, 7:54 AM
Seen: 1060 times
Last updated: 4/8/15, 6:37 AM