Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to hide a sub menu in OpenERP v7.0.?

By
charlesraj
on 7/9/13, 9:24 AM 2,039 views

how to hide a sub menu in openerp v7.0. eg. i want to hide Settings->Technical->userinterface & database structure.

thanks in advance..

Ghanshyam Prajapati

--Ghanshyam Prajapati--
| 4 4 8
Pune, India
--Ghanshyam Prajapati--
OpenERP Developer
Ghanshyam Prajapati
On 7/9/13, 9:33 AM

Hi,

• Make security.xml file and add this file in __openerp__.py
  • Make group as per following,

<record id="group_hide_menu" model="res.groups">
            <field name="name">Hide Menu</field>
        </field>

<record id="base.next_id_9" model="ir.ui.menu">
        <field eval="[(6,0,[ref('group_hide_menu)])]" name="groups_id"/>
    </record>

Hope it work for you.

Hi charlesraj, if your problem is solved, then please mark my answer as solved. Thanks...:)

Ghanshyam Prajapati
on 7/9/13, 9:56 AM

Hi. Thanks for answer. I create a new group and add the menu items (menu items to be hided) to its menu. Some menus will be hided an some others are partially hided. eg: userinterface menu will be fully hided but database structure will not be hided fully.

charlesraj
on 7/9/13, 10:25 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/9/13, 9:24 AM
Seen: 2039 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM