Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to hide a button in tree view?

By
John
on 2/12/15, 11:54 AM 1,033 views

I need to hide a button in tree view(one2many) but only in non-editable mode. I have tried class="oe_edit_only" but it doesn't work.

NOTE : I need to hide only in non-editable mode NOT in editable mode. Please don't suggest and mark invisible = "1" as correct answer.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank You :)

That's a good question, I have de same problem. Could you find a solution?

Gabriel
on 9/8/15, 11:06 AM

A related bug is referenced: https://bugs.launchpad.net/openerp-web/+bug/1311199

Gabriel
on 9/8/15, 11:07 AM
Yogesh
On 2/27/15, 9:34 AM

It is not perfect solution but work around to what you want to achieve:
Odoo gives us two classes

1. 'oe_edit_only' : to show element in edit mode only
  2. 'oe_read_only' : to show element in read mode only

so I defined a duplicate field of my one2many field and show that in only read mode and original only in edit mode.
Note: we can not use same field in xml more than one time because odoo populates value only in lastly defined field. all previous fields with same name remain blank.

Giovanny Vizcaya
On 2/12/15, 1:57 PM

Try writting invisible="True" in the button xml line, i think it works

John
On 2/12/15, 3:11 PM

@Giovanny: I wanted to leave comment but this website is not allowing me to do so. but with your solution button will be hidden permanently. I need to hide only in Non-Editable mode.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/12/15, 11:54 AM
Seen: 1033 times
Last updated: 9/8/15, 11:07 AM