Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to have a field twice in a form?

By
Pau Ubach
on 10/14/14, 9:34 PM 719 views

I have currency as a field in table customer (a customer always use same currency), and I want to use this field in form invoice in the following way:

After each record related to money I want to have the currency. I mean, the user should be able to fill the amount, but I want to display the currency (as readonly field) after the amount field.

The problem is that I have many amount fields, and I want to display currency after all of them. It works for only one field, but if I try to use in too many it doesn't work. 

Any idea, besides having more than 1 field with same info?

Thanks

deep

--deep--
| 5 4 7
Bengaluru, India
--deep--

Techno-Functional Associate with 6+ years of experience in Odoo (formerly known as OpenERP).

deep
On 10/15/14, 9:26 AM

Nope no other option, usage of a field only once in the form is advisable... instead you can show the currency symbol repeatedly for all fields...

just the way done in Invoice, for Untax, taxes, Total fields...

All you need to do in XML is:

<field name="amount" widget="monetary" options="{'currency_field': 'currency_id'}"/>

Thanks deep, it doesn't work for me, the currency just doesn't appear. But I suppose I owe you at least a beer, as you're always here to answer my questions. Thanks again.

Pau Ubach
on 10/20/14, 9:37 PM

:):) Sure Thanks

deep
on 10/21/14, 7:33 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/14/14, 9:34 PM
Seen: 719 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM