Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to handle multiple storage locations per product?

By
wjn
on 4/2/13, 9:57 AM 2,947 views

Question see above. Of about 50% of our products, the stock fits on one pallet. There is no problem to use Rack/Row/Case as Storage Location to pinpoint the location of these products. . Other products are stocked on multiple pallets and/or racks, for example one batch of drums of one product will use up all rows (5) and positions (A/B/C) on 2 or 3 racks. . What is the best way to handle this in OpenERP? Secondairy goal is to use the information in OpenERP to create a copy of our scaffold (rack) list, with a custom report.

Do you have issues with checking for availability of a product? We have a warehouse with 1800 locations, and 1300 products. Default config of openERP and postreSQL gives memory issues when checking availability of an order with 28 different articles.....

patrick
on 4/3/13, 9:45 AM

We are still configuring OpenERP to our needs. Our customers do not need many different products, but large quantities. The problem I experienced with check availability is here: http://help.openerp.com/question/4738/check-availability-wrong/ and this is not solved yet.

wjn
on 4/3/13, 3:16 PM

Kevin McMenamin

--Kevin McMenamin--
| 5 2 6
Auckland, New Zealand
--Kevin McMenamin--
Kevin McMenamin
On 4/2/13, 7:22 PM

you have two options:

1. Stock by location - this is complex so is generally only used in large warehouses. There is a V6 community module for this but you would probably need to port to V7.

2. Add a tab to the product to enable mutiple locations to be stored against the product. Relatively simple but means you need to keep updated manually.

Thanks for your reply. Option nr. 1 is what I need, based on your answer I searched this and the description with overstock locations etc. is exactly what we need. However I cannot mark this as an answer, because it is not available in v7

wjn
on 4/3/13, 4:52 AM

ps. I took a look at this module: stock_multilocation_picking

wjn
on 4/3/13, 6:10 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/2/13, 9:57 AM
Seen: 2947 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM