Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to handle bulk items in the system?

By
Mats Kjellberg
on 8/1/13, 9:27 AM 1,151 views

How to handle and work with bulk items in the system?

Not enough detail in your question, or your detail (which repeats the question). What do you mean by: "bulk items" and what do you mean by "handle". Give an example, tell us why you want these items handled differently than stockable products or services or consumables and tell us what kind of behavior you want for these items.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 8/1/13, 12:20 PM

What I need to know is how to handle an item that is going to be specified in a bom list. But this item will perhaps not be a stock item and will never be.. lets say it's an instruction that will be printed and packed.. but don't want to need to put in_stock first to be able to have it in the bom..

Other thing I want to have an item with a bom where there are 2x2 items that are bluk items, they are already picked from stock to make it easy, but still I need to have them and see them in the bom and I need to know how meny of them I need to mount on the product..

Mats Kjellberg
on 8/1/13, 12:38 PM

Any one got any info to share, pls. help..

Mats Kjellberg
on 8/18/13, 8:31 AM

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 8/18/13, 2:38 PM

This kind of 'product' could be a consumable - OpenERP won't manage stock, won't try to order, will just count the number of items used.

Try it.

Ok. But if you still want to keep track of the stock lets say you have a bunch of them in stock that you will use to refill the bulk box for ex. Or you pick directly from stock.?

Mats Kjellberg
on 8/18/13, 4:26 PM

Yes - you can do this. OpenERP will count what you use, it will go negative if you don't keep your stock levels up to date, but you can update stock levels as you need.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 8/18/13, 4:36 PM

Ok. Is it some how possible to also have total control over The stock and aut. Oder new ones when just some left?

Mats Kjellberg
on 8/18/13, 4:42 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/1/13, 9:27 AM
Seen: 1151 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM