Odoo Help

How-to Google Docs integration

By
Ing. Hédel Nuñez Bolívar
on 2/17/15, 1:49 PM 3,083 views

I want create invoices from Odoo to GDocs. What I have:

1. In my Google Drive I create a text document and copy the url (https://docs.google.com/a/mydomain.com/document/d/xxx/edit)
  2. In my Odoo (SaaS) I go to Settings/Google Drive/Templates 
  3. Add a template name, for example: factura
  4. Model: invoice
  5. Template URL: I paste the URL from the created doc in Google Drive (https://docs.google.com/a/mydomain.com/document/d/xxx/edit)
  6. Google Drive Name Pattern: I let by default Document %(name)s
  7. Go to some invoice, in 'More' I see the Google Drive option with the name 'factura'. Click it
  8. Generate a Google Docs document with name 'Document False'

My questions:

1. Why the generated document have title 'Document False' and not the name pattern from the configuration (Document %(name)s)??
  2. Where can I find the variables for use in the Google Docs template? and how to use them in the template?

Thanks

Alfonso
On 3/21/17, 5:30 PM

Hi Hegell,

I'm having the same issue and what you say makes sense to me, but how so you declare the variables in Google Docs? 

Regards!

Elías Fernández
On 2/25/17, 12:19 PM

Hello Hegell,

You must use some of the properties of the invoice model. When you are at Google Docs > Template and edit "Factura". Next to the Model selector, must be an arrow icon that open the model definition with al its available properties.

suppose I want to use the property called "name", how do I replace the variable inside the document? in the title, the notation %(name)s worked for me, but not inside the document body.

Daniel Blanco
on 8/10/17, 1:58 AM

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/17/15, 1:49 PM
Seen: 3083 times
Last updated: 5/29/17, 2:10 PM