Odoo Help

How to get the last record id from existing table

By
Eric
on 12/31/13, 3:57 PM 10,982 views

I am trying to get the last record id with out using the create() from the ORM. Does anyone know how to get a last record id from a table? thank you

Maybe with SELECT max(id) FROM table

GH Mediacloud, Grover Menacho
on 12/31/13, 4:13 PM
Eric
On 12/31/13, 4:21 PM

Well I finally got something working. This is what I did, I used the database cursor and wrote an sql select statement like this:

cr.execute('select "id" from "table_name" order by "id" desc limit 1')

id_returned = cr.fetchone()

the fetchone() method returns a tuple of one value which is assigned to the id_returned variable. I can then get the id from the tuple by referencing the first index like this: id_returned[0]

Atul Arvind
On 1/1/14, 1:43 AM

If you don't want to execute PSQL query then you can search the record and get the max number, eg.

search_ids = self.pool.get("res.partner").search(cr, uid, [])
last_id = search_ids and max(search_ids)
Rich Granata
On 1/2/14, 2:30 PM

The sequencing is also stored in the database and can be retrieved with a statement like:

select * from res_partner_id_seq

Olivier DUCROT
On 11/10/17, 5:14 AM

you can use something like this :

max(model('helpdesk.ticket').search([]))

the solution like the above does not work. It returns the id of the last one in the search() method, but the ids are not sorted. The last id should not be the max one.

last_id = self.env['table.name'].search([])[-1].id
thompsonn
On 3/19/17, 4:33 AM

Not quite sure about the older versions but you can do it like this in the newer ones:

last_id = self.env['table.name'].search([])[-1].id

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/31/13, 3:57 PM
Seen: 10982 times
Last updated: 11/10/17, 5:14 AM