Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

how to get the Job description to display on the web?

By
Robert Augustyn
on 5/16/14, 11:34 PM 1,816 views

Hi when I add the Job Position and publish it I do get the job to post to the web but it does not display the job description or the requirements so it is rather useless.

Is there a way to get this done?

It is version 8..

thanks ...

Nicolas Connault
On 1/29/15, 4:59 AM

I was wondering the same thing when I noticed that the job entity in the database has a separate field called website_description, and that is the one used in the template. I couldn't find a way to edit this property through the admin side, so I modified the website template using the HTML editor. Here are the steps:

1. Go to the website page of your job. The URL should be jobs/detail/your-job-idnumber (e.g. jobs/details/web-developer-6)
  2. In the top right bar, click on Customize -> HTML Editor
  3. Replace <div t-field="job.website_description"/> with:
    <div class="container">
                    <div class="row">
                        <div class="col-md-2"></div>
                        <div class="col-md-8">
                            <div t-field="job.description"/>
                            <h3>Requirements</h3>
                            <div t-field="job.requirements"/></div>
                        <div class="col-md-2"></div>
                    </div>
                </div>
  4. Save
  5. Mark my answer as correct and make my day :)
Rob Fotheringham
On 2/1/15, 6:04 PM

Very cool. Followed the instructions in the previous excellent answer and it worked very nicely. 

For presentational purposes I chose to add 'Job Description' text heading similar to Requirements above. Just add <h3>Job Description</h3> before <div t-field="job.description"/>. 

Joao Araujo
On 8/10/15, 12:23 PM

Do you know how to do this via module? It would be better than changing the code for every new job posted!

I am trying to create a module to override the existing one but I am getting an Integrity Error (I am fairly new to module creation).

Thanks

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/16/14, 11:34 PM
Seen: 1816 times
Last updated: 11/27/15, 9:03 AM