Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to get the actual Odoo from?

By
blacksensei
on 6/20/14, 10:16 AM 506 views

Hello I am a debian linux user. I wanted to have a look at how the new OpenERP looks like. But the only stable link I have seend from their documentation is the 7.0 nightly repository. Should I use the dev repository or use github options.

Best Regards,

Manuel
On 6/20/14, 10:29 AM

You want to have a look at the 8.0 version? It's not released yet, but you can download it at the download page and indeed use trunk (dev). There should be a nightly build there, but I think recently people slept at night, as the latest version is of April 17th.

You could also use github and build it yourself. That one is most actual. I am curious whether people did that recently and whether it contains a lot of changes compared to April 17th version. E.g. that one is still "OpenERP" branded instead of Odoo.

As far as I know, 8.0 will be released in the beginning of July. So probably then the nightly builds will be updated again and it will move from dev to a proper 8.0.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/20/14, 10:16 AM
Seen: 506 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM