Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

how to get notifications about new messages in the discuss module for odoo 9

By
mohamed
on 11/11/15, 6:03 AM 1,733 views

Hi odoo,

I created a new channel in the discuss module and invited a user.

my problem is that i don't see any notification about a new message recieved ! the only way is to check the channel to see if there is new messages !

did I missed somthing during my installation / configuration ? 

does this option only available in the entreprise edition ? 

thank you for your help.

I too am having this problem..

Kyle Krenzer
on 11/16/15, 3:55 PM
Mind And Go
On 11/20/15, 12:57 PM

Hi,

I think the way messages are handled has changed : https://www.odoo.com/documentation/9.0/setup/deploy.html#livechat

From now, it looks like you absolutely need to be in multiworker mode to deal with messages.

Julian Robbins
On 1/29/16, 3:47 PM

Hi 

I have a Odoo 9 multiworker system and long polling setup with nginx polling and although notifications were working great not so long ago  they suddenly stopped appearing with a commit roughly 3 weeks ago. 

I've tested this with community and enterprise versions and as of now it is still broken for me. I used to see notifications orange bar that you seen when you first login asking whether you want notifications for this session or for all sessions.

I originally thought the notifications may have stopped because the orange bar didn't appear again on subsequent but after setting up an entirely new instance a couple of days ago where the orange notification bar appears the first time, the notifications now do not appear anyway ....

I have submitted a bug report to doo on my Enterprise licence but I'm surprised something as useful as this really would be broken after working so well.

Any ideas ? I really want to fix this has need to launch soon.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/11/15, 6:03 AM
Seen: 1733 times
Last updated: 9/23/16, 9:57 AM