Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to get multi-currency working in V 7

By
Fred Blauer
on 2/5/13, 4:15 PM 4,943 views

I am using the sample data. I login as admin. I turn on the multi-currency accounting, under settings, accounting. I chose accounts for exchange rate gain and loss, and apply. The accounts disappear - I can't save them no matter what accounts I chose for the gain/loss accounts. I also tried it with another company that I started from scratch. I also can't assign a currency to any bank account. I was able to get the currency to show up on some transactions by choosing a base currency from the list of currencies. But I still can't assign any currencies to bank accounts, partners, or specify a gain/loss account. Any help on how to get multi-currency working in V 7.0 would be greatly appreciated.

I am having the same problem on a brand new saas install of v8 - anyone else experiencing this ?

Hertford Developments Limited, Kurt Haselwimmer
on 9/25/14, 5:49 AM
Fred Blauer
On 2/24/13, 6:16 PM

It seems to have been fixed in a newer build.

Wich build? Can you point the right url on launchpad?

Yaroslav
on 2/25/13, 5:42 AM

I can confirm this fix. Latest build @ http://nightly.openerp.com/7.0/nightly/deb/openerp_7.0-latest-1_all.deb

Tom Arnst
on 2/25/13, 6:05 AM
Jean-Charles Drubay
On 2/6/13, 11:33 PM

The link to your bug report on launchpad: bugs.launchpad.net/openerp-web/+bug/1110659

Sorry, the link cannot get through to to insufficient karma.

Yes, that is my bug report, but there is no response. Do you agree that it is a bug?

FBA, Fred Blauer
on 2/7/13, 3:55 PM

It seems to have been fixed in a newer build.

FBA, Fred Blauer
on 2/24/13, 6:16 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

4 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/5/13, 4:15 PM
Seen: 4943 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM