Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to get info from a lead created by incoming email?

Miguel Fernández
on 6/26/13, 7:40 AM 1,302 views

I have a form in a web that send an email with information of contact and other to OpenERP v7. That email create a lead.

Is it possible to get that info and save it into OE for create a new contact in automatic way, by example?

Or for be more clear: is it possible without programming a new module or without making changes inside of one existing?

Rob Henderson
On 9/9/14, 11:47 AM

Can anyone elaborate on how to do this safely. Openerp has warnings about performing XML RPC correctly . . .

Any simple how to guide, even just for a few fields?

I really wanty my website form to fill in the openerp lead's fields automatically, having to do so manually each time is a pain.

Thanks in advance.

Atul Arvind

--Atul Arvind--
| 3 3 5
--Atul Arvind--

I am odoo Enthusiast/Consultant from Baroda, Gujarat, India. Working with odoo from v5 to v9 and other opensource technology since 4+ years. Having Strong Expertise in

Requirement gathering & Gap Analysis

Odoo Development

Odoo Customization

Odoo Training

Odoo Integration

Server Administration

Odoo Migration

I am also active on StackOverflow.

Atul Arvind
On 12/26/13, 3:19 PM

I say yes, it is possible, by changing your web form action, what you can do is to write php script that makes xml rpc call to the OpenERP. and create a record of crm.lead model in OpenERP. By that way when normal user will submit the form it will create new record of Lead in OpenERP. without changing existing OpenERP module.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 6/26/13, 7:40 AM
Seen: 1302 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM