Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to get GPS location of logged user

By
scot77844
on 12/30/14, 3:32 AM 455 views

Hi,

I need to get the location/address of the user from where he is logged in, and assign it to a field either using python or by javascript. Can anyone tell me how it can be done. Thank in advance.

Scot.

Aitor Bouzas
On 12/30/14, 4:25 AM

Hi,

The geolocation of user is retrieved by the navigator, so you can get it from JavaScript.

Check out this page: http://www.w3schools.com/html/html5_geolocation.asp

scot77844
On 12/30/14, 5:49 AM

Thank you Aitor Bouzas. But how can I get that value and assign to a field in openerp. For example, I have a screen with the name "Client Details". In that I have a field with the name "client_location". Once the client logs in and opens the Client Details screen, I need his location automatically filled in client_location field. Any idea about that?

Thanks in Adance,

Scot.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/30/14, 3:32 AM
Seen: 455 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM