Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to get data in an email template?

Juan Formoso
on 11/13/14, 6:39 AM 488 views

I want to send some emails to specific partners. These emails will be invitations to events.

In the tree view of partners, select a specific group of them (clicking on the checkbox which every tree view has) and click on send mail. This action opens a popup. In this popup there is the option to select a template for filling in the email, but only the templates whose property model_id is res.partner are available. And if I declare a template with the property model_id = res.partner, I won't be able to use properties from the event, like the name, the date or the place.

I don't think that creating an intermediate table will be a possible solution, because I need to enable the possibility of filtering by any res.partner property before sending the email. But the template must have information about partners and events.

Can anyone explain me how to achieve this? Is it possible to merge models in a template, to get data from both?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 11/13/14, 6:39 AM
Seen: 488 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM