This question has been flagged
4 Replies

We've created custom fields for invoices, invoice lines, payments, etc.  For now I'm trying to get the custom fields for invoice and invoice lines to appear on the generated PDF files which we either print or e-mail.  Can anyone tell me what to edit to add my custom fields?  I've found

which is an xml QWeb view.  I've found other QWeb views as well.  I assume these are the places to edit.  Can anyone tell me if I'm on the right track and if so, which QWeb view is the correct one to edit?  We have a custom field in the invoice as a whole, and we also have a custom field on each invoice line.  Any hints on where to edit to insert my fields?

Discard
Author Best Answer

I found an answer for the community version:  the Odoo app store has a free app called Odoo Professional Report Templates.  It is available for all supported versions.  I chose Odoo 10 Community.  I downloaded it, unzipped it, put the folder in the addons path, logged out of Odoo, rebooted my server and client, started Odoo client in browser, turned on developer mode, the app was listed in the Apps tab, I installed it, went to Settings --> companies, chose my company and saw new elements to customize, namely which new report format to choose for each report.  I chose one of them for each report.  Then I went to settings --> reports --> reports, found the new reports, chose the new one for invoices, chose the Q-Web views (top-right corner), chose the view for the report and edited it to put in my custom fields and labels and it worked.  It is easy, doesn't require a lot of programming skills, and you can customize beyond what the app does.

Discard
Best Answer

With the Studio app you can customize the report (pdf). Go to your invoice form then hit the Studio icon in the upper right corner, next to your user name (it's a wrench with a pencil). Then go to the report tab and select the report you want to edit (make a copy first).

Hope that helps.

Discard
Author

Thanks Francisco. I don't see the Studio icon. I forgot to mention I'm on Odoo 10 community edition. Is this an app I must install from the app menu?

I think odoo Studio is not in the community edition. With Studio you get some customization of your reports, not a deeper one, but you can probably add those fields if you created them in the invoicing app.

I'm new to odoo, I don't know any other way to help you.