Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to get BOM with differnce material ?

bom
By
my
on 9/29/13, 6:39 AM 1,846 views

Hello I'm going to familiarize myself with OpenERP. I have the following problem in the BOM: I have a product for different material Lien to choose from, but not all are needed. This is related to the customer together. Example: T 1 is made in cotton for a customer 2 T-Shirt is made in silk for customer b. When a customer I need 2 yards of fabric. B a customer I only need one yard of fabric. A customer wants a round neck- B customer wants a v-shaped neckline.

My problem now is that I do not know how to create the BOM here. Especially, of course, customer c wants to have a round neckline and the whole then in silk, but where I need 1.5 meters of fabric. I hope I have expressed this several masses to understand. An example for such a bill, or a description of the procedure would be very helpful for me. Can someone help me? Thanks in advance with best

Paul Catinean
On 9/29/13, 9:04 AM

Hello,

I do not know if I have fully understood your question but this is what I got personally:

1. You have one product that can be manufactured in different ways (different tailoring, different fabric etc) but in essence it's the same product inside the ERP system with different ways of producing it (multiple bill of materials)

2. When a customer orders the product you must establish then which bom will be used and depending on the customer's needs you pick on bom or the other

If this scenario applies to you then the solution would be defining multiple boms on the same product (1 bom for each difference wether it's different products or quantities) and then installing the mrp_properties or properties on boms that are available in the official addons and if I'm not mistaking in the configuration of manufacturing in settings by clicking a checkbox

Once that module is installed you can specify in the sale order a property "V-neck, Cotton, whatever properties you define" the manufacturing order generated from that Sale Order will use the proper BOM in regards to the specified properties

Was this helpful?

Hello, Thanks for the reply. Yes, you have understood correctly. I thought something almost. That is so, I would have to add each fabric for each run of form, color, cut, a parts list? Uff. How do I manage that then with the required amount of substance? If I now all about wearing my Produktpallete, I make not only t-shirt here, would not it be easier div 'partial products' (eg sleeve, collar, etc) to create and then to a complete product (T shirt. shirts, pants, etc) can be added together?

my
on 9/29/13, 10:53 AM

You could also look into the module "product_variant_multi" that handles more than the standard mono-axial product templates to generate multiple variants of the same product (T-Shirt Vneck white, T-Shirt Vneck blue, T-Shirt Collar white blue etc, but the bom must be specified for each product nonetheless). How else would the system know what products to deduct from stock when manufacturing is done?

Paul Catinean
on 9/29/13, 11:00 AM

The "bom_variant_multi" module about Openerp 7? Found only on 6.1.

Eric
on 10/29/13, 5:21 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/29/13, 6:39 AM
Seen: 1846 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM