Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to get a component picking list for a sales order.

By
Mats Kjellberg
on 7/23/13, 3:44 PM 2,315 views

Hi

How to get a component picking list for a sales order, least say you sell a simple small screw and for this item you have added an BOM list (bill of material) as a "phantom list" this means that there will be several additional items that should be picket and packed/sent together with this screw...

I have put up my article like this but I never am able to get or see the picking list for the additional parts, that could be for ex. a washer, plug and a small plastic bag to pack it in and a label for it..

How got get this working?? what's wrong..

TiA / Mats,

Dale Scott
On 7/23/13, 8:12 PM

This isn't a whole answer, but perhaps it will give you a start. There are two conceptual options: 1) create a "screw assembly" part with a BOM which contains the screw, a washer, a plug, a small plastic bag, and a printed label, or 2) a "screw sales kit" (if a "sales kit" is the correct name in OpenERP for a group of essentially unrelated parts that are sold together), which contains the same items. Which is correct depends on how important hierarchy is to you.

I may not be correctly understanding the purpose of a phantom in OpenERP, but in other systems a phantom is just like any other sub-assembly, except that it is completely ignored (i.e. pushed through, or seen as invisible) so far as pick lists, work orders, etc. are concerned, A phantom is created within a hierarchical BOM to better model the manufacturing process, but a phantom is never stocked, inventoried or sold. For example, if may be logistically efficient to issue all the parts at once that make up a particular parent assembly, but the assembly procedure is to assemble one or more sub-assemblies from the parts first, before completing the final assembly (and the sub-assemblies are never stocked or otherwise transacted). In this case, you may wish to create phantoms for the sub-assemblies.

Dale

Hi Dale, I'm not shore if is correct to use phantom bom or not, the reason is that I will buy/manufacture one part at a sub-contractor and when I get this back home I want to place it in the warehouse stock as this single item/product..

Then this item can be included in other articles, but I also want to be able to sell this item as a single spare part and when I sell it as a spare part I want to have the "phantom BOM" items appearing on the pick list of the sales order.. to pick for ex. and O-Ring and a plastic bag to pack it in. I never got an answer on how to actually get a pickinglist

Mats Kjellberg
on 7/23/13, 9:37 PM

Is someone please able to Help me out with this?..

Mats Kjellberg
on 7/30/13, 10:16 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/23/13, 3:44 PM
Seen: 2315 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM