Odoo Help

How to generate serial number and total quantity in qweb report without parser file ?

By
Ankit H Gandhi(AHG)
on 6/18/15, 1:56 AM 4,254 views

Hello Everyone,

I want to generate dynamic serial number and also generate total quantity without parser file.

here given example to more clarify.

serial no                                              product                                description                                quantity                                 Total 

1                                                          any product                              -                                           2                                              -

2                                                               -                                          -                                            2                                              -

3                                                               -                                          -                                            2                                              -

?                                                               -                                          -                                            2                                              -

?                                                               -                                          -                                            2                                              -

Total quantity                  ?(12)

we can generate serial number using parser file but I want generate serial number and total quantity without parser file

Thanks in advance

I've updated my post. Hope this helps.

ePillars Systems LLC, Shawn Varghese
on 6/23/15, 7:11 AM
Shawn Varghese
On 6/22/15, 3:07 PM

Do you mean that you want to dynamically compute serial numbers and quantity in qweb?

You could try something like this for serial number:

<t t-foreach="o.lines" t-as="p">
<span t-esc="p_index">
</t>

The "_index" is automatically understood by qweb to generate the index number

If you want to create your own, you could try something like:

<t t-set="i" t-value="1" /> 
<span t-esc="i">
<t t-set="i" t-value="i+1"/>
</t>

EDIT:

For adding quantity dynamically, I assume your code to display quantity looks something like this:

<span t-esc="p.quantity">

You need to initialize a variable before the loop, and simply add the quantity to it for each iteration:

<t t-set="i" t-value="0" /> 
<span t-esc="i">
<t t-set="i" t-value="i+p.quantity"/>
</t>

<t t-esc="i" />

This way you should get the quantity

Let me know if this doesn't work

Thanks @Shawn this code is very help for me to generate dynamically serial number in qweb report can you little help for how to generate dynamic total quantity ?

Ankit H Gandhi(AHG)
on 6/23/15, 1:36 AM

Thanks again @Shawn Your updated code is fully work.Now I get the total quantity dynamically without parser file.

Ankit H Gandhi(AHG)
on 6/23/15, 8:12 AM

Thanks @Shawn "p_index" is works for me

Ubaid ur Rehman
on 11/9/16, 11:28 PM
Axel Mendoza
On 10/15/15, 5:57 AM

Check this post

I write a more extensive explanation of qweb report parsers at:

https://www.odoo.com/es_ES/forum/help-1/question/how-to-define-a-custom-methods-functions-to-be-used-in-a-qweb-report-how-to-define-and-use-a-report-parser-92244

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/18/15, 1:56 AM
Seen: 4254 times
Last updated: 4/13/17, 9:41 AM