Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to generate an invoice for a POS order?

By
michel Guénard
on 10/4/13, 2:54 PM 6,084 views

Without duplicating the sale made at POS level

And thus how to tell the system that the invoice is already paid at the same POS level?

Such invoice should be availablefor sending thru email to the customer.

Koffi KPONOUGLO

--Koffi KPONOUGLO--
| 5 2 6
Lomé, Togo
--Koffi KPONOUGLO--

Koffi KPONOUGLO

Koffi KPONOUGLO
On 5/9/14, 5:59 PM

No, such invoice created after the POS transaction isn't considered as a new sale in POS level. The invoice allows you to record the sale you have just maked in the pos module into the account module like journal entry. You are working in an ERP.

To make it clear: a transaction is made at the pos level, it is fully paid. The ERP allows to create an invoice for the said transaction, it attributes an invoice number (in the general invoice sequence), it recognizes that the invoice is already paid and thus it creates all the accounting entries (for the sale, the taxes and the payment); Is the invoice in draft state needing a validation ? and where to find it?

AD LIBITOM, michel Guénard
on 5/9/14, 8:36 PM

Yes but for payment you have to declare the invoice as paid in the system before payment accounting entries are generated. Let me insure you that this does not result in double counting. i am accountant.

Koffi KPONOUGLO
on 5/10/14, 9:45 AM

IBS

--IBS--
| 4 5 8
Tétouan, Morocco
--IBS--

For more informations about IBS, please visit our website at www.ibs-na.com.

For a specific questions, collaboration or help, please send us an email to support@ibs-na.com

IBS
On 10/6/13, 3:22 PM

Simple go to Point Of Sale > Orders and open the specific order you want to invoice, you will find the invoicing button there.

my question is to understand whether or not such invoice created after the POS transaction is considered as a new sale or not.

AD LIBITOM, michel Guénard
on 11/17/13, 10:39 AM

but it will make double entries in journal

husam
on 4/17/14, 6:40 PM
Mohamed Hagag
On 4/8/16, 3:29 AM

Just in case that there are people still looking for a fix, here is a simple module that will auto reconcile the invoice with its payment so the invoice will be paid.

https://github.com/mohamedhagag/dvit-odoo8/tree/master/pos_invoice_payment_auto_reconcile

I couldn't get this repository

Sebin Siby
on 9/29/16, 2:41 AM
Geert Surkijn
On 8/5/14, 10:12 AM

I'm stuck with this one. Selling with POS and creating an invoice is not working like I would expected.

- Step1: Create a pos sale with Partner selected
- Step 2: receive Payment in pos
- Step 3: Make Invoice (goes into draft)
- Step 4: Confirm Invoice

When you have a look in the orders list of the POS, I can see the POS order is being invoice (= OK)
When I open the detail form of this order, I can see the payment (=OK)
When I open the invoice detail form, the invoice status is OPEN and no payments are linked ? (NOK or do we need to do more?)

When I close the POS Session the Invoice is still OPEN...

I tried to import the invoice into the payment list, but here the sum is not correct, then I have the double amount like mentiond above. And it is affecting the accounting figures because the missing amout is put in the loss account of the POS...

Did you find how to automaticly put the invoices in the state paid ? I'm having the same problem, my invoices are all in the state open...

Versão Integral, Anabela Damas
on 9/3/15, 6:02 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/4/13, 2:54 PM
Seen: 6084 times
Last updated: 4/8/16, 3:29 AM