Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to force programmers to update the versionnumber if they update their software? [Closed]

By
ton123
on 4/18/13, 2:31 PM 654 views

The Question has been closed for reason: duplicate question

by
Daniel Reis
on 04/18/2013 14:55:53

Updating the software without updating the version number is a VERY BAD habit of a programmer. It makes we are out of control of what software we use.

I have earlier asked a question on the related issue: https://accounts.openerp.com/forum/Help-1/question/11337

Any ideas how to force programmers to update the versionnumber if they update their software?

Added 19-04-2013: Some idea's:

• Maintainer of http://v6apps.openerp.com/ refuses to upload updated software with the same version number.
  • Make it impossible by programmatic check during upload.

Posting a duplicate question is not compliant with FAQ guidelines. Try editing it to add some more info and it will show up in the front page. See also What is the best thing to do if a question received no answers after a period?.

Daniel Reis
on 4/18/13, 2:55 PM

@Daniel I apreciate all the good work you are doing on this forum. However I do not share your opinion in this case. The question I refer to is about "I see the same versionnumbers. Do I overlooked something? And why is this?" This question you closed is about how to prevent programmers do not update the version numbers. Yes it is related. But it is a total different question. If you close all related questions you can close the forum.

ton123
on 4/18/13, 4:21 PM

I reread both questions, and they still look the same to me, worded in different ways. But perhaps I'm wrong - I'll bring this to the attention of other moderators, a let them reopen if they agree.

Daniel Reis
on 4/18/13, 7:42 PM

Related or not, both are similar in that they are not the kind of questions for this site: this question is about developers behavior which is an open-ended question. The other question is akin to ask why do people make spelling mistakes or why bugs exist. It is definitely a problem if multiple versions of a module exist on apps.openerp.com with the same version number but the question is still unnecessary.

Vo Minh Thu
on 4/18/13, 7:54 PM

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/18/13, 2:31 PM
Seen: 654 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM