This question has been flagged
1 Reply

i need help i am unable to do this step etc/init.d .......Similar to the configuration file, you need to either copy it or paste the contents of this script to a file in /etc/init.d/ and call it odoo-server. Once it is in the right place you will need to make it executable and owned by root: sudo chmod 755 /etc/init.d/odoo-server sudo chown root: /etc/init.d/odoo-server In the configuration file there’s an entry for the server’s log file. We need to create that directory first so that the server has somewhere to log to and also we must make it writeable by the openerp user:

sumit@sumit-OptiPlex-990:~$ /opt/odoo/debian/init

bash: /opt/odoo/debian/init: No such file or directory

sumit@sumit-OptiPlex-990:~$ sudo chmod 755 /etc/init.d/odoo-server

chmod: cannot access ‘/etc/init.d/odoo-server’: No such file or directory

sumit@sumit-OptiPlex-990:~$ sudo blash

sudo: blash: command not found

sumit@sumit-OptiPlex-990:~$ sudo bash

root@sumit-OptiPlex-990:~# sudo chmod 755 /etc/init.d/odoo-server

root@sumit-OptiPlex-990:~# sudo mkdir /var/log/odoo

root@sumit-OptiPlex-990:~# sudo chown odoo:root /var/log/odoo

root@sumit-OptiPlex-990:~#

root@sumit-OptiPlex-990:~# sudo chmod 755 /etc/init.d/odoo-server

root@sumit-OptiPlex-990:~# sudo update-rc.d supervisor defaults

update-rc.d: error: initscript does not exist: /etc/init.d/supervisor

root@sumit-OptiPlex-990:~# 

from here i am completing my installation step 

http://www.theopensourcerer.com/2014/09/how-to-install-openerp-odoo-8-on-ubuntu-server-14-04-lts/

i am getting problem in step 7

Discard
Best Answer

Hi @sumit sinha

As the tutorial says there is a modified copy for Odoo 8 at:

http://www.theopensourcerer.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/odoo-server

that you could download and use it for the rest of the step like:

> cd /etc/init.d/

> sudo wget http://www.theopensourcerer.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/odoo-server

> sudo chmod 755 /etc/init.d/odoo-server

> sudo chown root: /etc/init.d/odoo-server

> sudo mkdir /var/log/odoo

> sudo chown odoo:root /var/log/odoo

Hope this helps

Discard
Author

i can't complete my 7 step from this tutorial even i can't make directory so please help and how i will complete and start my server i need help

why you can't make a directory? mkdir is not working? what directory you need to create? /var/log/odoo?

I can help you but you need to provide more info about your errors, besides there are others resources to learn Ubuntu and Linux around internet. Just follow my commands to complete the step 7. Note that you don't execute "> cd /etc/init.d/", I added the char ">" to indicate a new line in the console, you need to copy the commands skipping the char ">"

Author

skype id- ssinha.zensoftware please add me if you have skype then

You need to read carefully the logs you posted. The file odoo-server exist on /etc/init.d so the download file was saved on odoo-server.1
Also there is a file named odoo in /var/log/odoo, that's why you cannot create the directory. Delete with rm /var/log/odoo

Author

how i will be delete this and whats the step i can please send me step that i can install odoo 8 i am still facing 7 step.....

I told you how to delete the file with the command "rm /var/log/odoo" rm is the command for delete files and folders, for folders just append -R to the rm call like:
rm -R /var/log/odoo/
Right now the answer's comments are off topic, If that command don't help you find the answer in another forum like stackoverflow, Odoo forum doesn't have anything to do with how to delete a directory or file. Hope you understand,

Author

Ok i have deleted so what was the next????

Author

please send me the next proper step that i can install odoo 8 i was still facing 7 step

I give you all the steps to complete the tutorial step 7, maybe you should remove all the files generated and start again. also don't forget to vote if the answers were helpful