Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to fix Programming Error ?

sindhi sanabil
on 10/15/13, 7:58 AM 1,211 views

I have created an additional field "type_invoice" under Quotation and created in postgrsql table (sale_order) too successfully . But now i am not able to display same field in invoice .. So now i added that field (type_invoice) in account_invoice.py but due to this I am getting error - Programming Error Please tell me how to and where to add add type_invoice field in account_invoice.py ?

Neha Y
On 10/16/13, 4:50 AM

Even I am facing same problem as mentioned above

I have created an additional field . And its displaying successfully on Quotation and Sale Order too ! Now I want to display my additional field on Invoice also but I am not able to display ... I just wanted to know where exactly i have to insert my field (invoice_type) in python file - account_invoic.py and account_invoice_view.xml ?

F.Y.I - invoice_type (my additional field) is a drop down list i.e field selection type and I am using OpenERP v7

Please help me its urgent.

Oscar Cascante F
On 10/15/13, 7:38 PM

Though it would be better that you were giving us more information of the steps that you followed, basically the procedure to include a new field in the openerp modules are:

1- Enable the technical features in your administrator user

2- Find the object and form you want to modify

3- Go to configuration/technical menu

4- In database structure/models menu find the module and add the field

5- In user interface/views menu, find the view or fom and include your new field to show.

Hope this help.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 10/15/13, 7:58 AM
Seen: 1211 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM