This question has been flagged

Hello I have the following situation:

We produce goods, but the outcomming is not exactly predictable.

If we create a manufacturing order for 5 kg of a product and the production outcome is 5 kg or more, there is no problem.

We set the value in the produce wizard, the goods are produced and the mo is set to done.

But if we set the value to 4.8kg, the 4.8kg are produced and the mo stays open with 0.2kg to produce.

The problem is that the production is actually finished, the materials are gone and there will be no further production.

The remaining materials can be used manually in odoo, but I can not find the possibility to finish the production.

I can cancel the production and the remaining 0.2 kg would be cancelled, but the state will be cancel instead of done.

Is there any possibility to end the production without manufacturing all of the planned products?

regards

Discard

Hi Frank,

did you find any solution for this issue? I need to handle similar situation.

In my case Byproducts quantity also changed

Author

Hello subbarao, we have changed the responsible method ourself. You can contact info@itis.de to get more information.

Best Answer

Hi Frank, 

did you find any solution for this issue? I need to handle similar situation. 

Discard
Best Answer

I think that what you are missing is the value of the mode of produce. There are two(From the help of the field):

'Consume only' mode will only consume the products with the quantity selected.
'Consume & Produce' mode will consume as well as produce the products with the quantity selected and it will finish the production order when total ordered quantities are produced

I think that you are using the default that is 'Consume & Produce' so the production are waiting for the rest of the product to be produced

Discard
Author

Consume only will use the material. this works fine. The problem itself is mentioned in the help text. "it will finish the production order when total ordered quantities are produced" The problem is that the total ordered quantities will never be produced, because the output is 0.2 kg lower than the planned/ordered value.

There are 2 elements in that help text, You are having problems with 'Consume & Produce'. Try 'Consume only'

Author

'Consume Only' just consumes the raw materials, but does not produced finished products. I use this to consume the raw materials which are not consumed, during the production of the 4.8kg of the product. This is OK, but the problem is that the MO is still in state production started, but i have to set the state to done, because the manufacturing process is finished. The 0.2 k will not be produced in this MO and the "total ordered quantities" will not be produced.

hi axel where we found option for the 'Consume only' and 'Consume & Produce' in odoo ?

and in which version ?

Best Answer

Hi Frank, we are facing the same problem. To hit Done with a lesser quantity made, I adjust the target production quantity after we have done the Produce/consumption stage.

But apart from not being able to hit Done, the annoying thing is that the consumption also scales when I key in e.g. 4.8kg or 5.1kg. But I really only need to consume the materials for 5kg. Did you manage to get around this issue? 

Discard
Author

Hello, we have changed the responsible method ourself. you can ask info@itis.de to get more information.