Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to filter/search contacts by tag in Odoo 8?

By
Martin
on 7/21/15, 9:29 AM 1,380 views

In OpenERP 7 I can go to Sales > Organizer > Contacts > Advanced Search and filter contacts by tags, i.e. "Tags" is in the dropdown list. In Odoo 8 (version 8.0-20150715) I cannot find "Tags" in the dropdown list. What am I doing wrong?

Interesting: One can still search for tags in the search bar, which seems to be a "contains" filter. Not sure how to search a tag with "does not contain" or "is" etc.

Martin
on 7/22/15, 7:55 AM

I have "Tags" in the advanced search for res.partner model in Odoo 8... Maybe you should check again ?

David Bertha
on 7/22/15, 8:12 AM

Hi David, I don't find "Tags" in the dropdown list. There are 66 values, from "Active" over "TIN" and "Tasks" to "Website", but not "Tags". Maybe I have to configure something? TIA!

Martin
on 7/22/15, 10:14 AM

OK, I checked `res.partner` now: In both OpenERP 7 and Odoo 8, `category_id`/`Tags` is "Not Searchable". But in OpenERP I can run advanced filters on tags, in Odoo 8 not. There must be another knob to turn.

Martin
on 7/22/15, 11:48 AM
Kinner Vachhani
On 10/20/16, 6:38 AM

Hi Martin,

Did you find what was wrong? I am having exactly the same issue. I got two database running to same server yet on one database Tags appear and on other it don't 

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/21/15, 9:29 AM
Seen: 1380 times
Last updated: 10/20/16, 6:38 AM