Odoo Help

How to filter/search contacts by tag in Odoo 8?

By
Martin
on 7/21/15, 9:29 AM 2,060 views

In OpenERP 7 I can go to Sales > Organizer > Contacts > Advanced Search and filter contacts by tags, i.e. "Tags" is in the dropdown list. In Odoo 8 (version 8.0-20150715) I cannot find "Tags" in the dropdown list. What am I doing wrong?

Interesting: One can still search for tags in the search bar, which seems to be a "contains" filter. Not sure how to search a tag with "does not contain" or "is" etc.

Martin
on 7/22/15, 7:55 AM

I have "Tags" in the advanced search for res.partner model in Odoo 8... Maybe you should check again ?

David Bertha
on 7/22/15, 8:12 AM

Hi David, I don't find "Tags" in the dropdown list. There are 66 values, from "Active" over "TIN" and "Tasks" to "Website", but not "Tags". Maybe I have to configure something? TIA!

Martin
on 7/22/15, 10:14 AM

OK, I checked `res.partner` now: In both OpenERP 7 and Odoo 8, `category_id`/`Tags` is "Not Searchable". But in OpenERP I can run advanced filters on tags, in Odoo 8 not. There must be another knob to turn.

Martin
on 7/22/15, 11:48 AM
Kinner Vachhani
On 10/20/16, 6:38 AM

Hi Martin,

Did you find what was wrong? I am having exactly the same issue. I got two database running to same server yet on one database Tags appear and on other it don't 

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/21/15, 9:29 AM
Seen: 2060 times
Last updated: 10/20/16, 6:38 AM