Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to filter data in a one2many fields?

Anirudh Lou
on 12/22/14, 2:47 AM 594 views

Hello everyone, is it possible to have a domain in a one2many field? I mean, in a "purchase.order" there is a fields called 'state' of type selection and in "stock.picking.in" there is al

so a selection field called state. In purchase.order view i define my field as something  like this:

<field name="spicking_ids" domain="[('spicking_ids.state','!=','done')]"/>
and upon running, it still displays all picking_ids including those are done. Any help is much appreciated.

| 5 3 6
Jakarta, Indonesia
On 12/22/14, 5:34 AM

@Anirudh, yes it is possible though it cannot domain on child field.  If you want to domain based on the spicking_ids' state, just use [('state','!=','done')] for the domain.

Ok, Thanks sir. I have tried [('state','!=','done')] on the domain but it still appears all lists including those are in a done state.

Anirudh Lou
on 12/22/14, 8:19 PM

Is it possible for you to post the definition of spicking_ids field?

on 12/23/14, 12:07 AM

from purchase.order i define spicking_ids as follows: 'spicking_ids' : fields.one2many('stock.picking','purchase_id','Product to receive')

Anirudh Lou
on 12/23/14, 3:28 AM

Can you try specifying it as 'spicking_ids' : fields.one2many('stock.picking','purchase_id','Product to receive', domain=[('state','!=','done')])? I think the domain in XML will be used only when adding.

on 12/23/14, 7:08 AM

Hi, Ivan

on 1/6/15, 4:00 AM

I have already tried it but still it didn't work.

Anirudh Lou
on 1/6/15, 4:16 AM

Have you check using Developer's Mode if the view is loaded properly and that you are using the correct view? Does your view XML had noupdate="1" set? Check from Settings >> Technical >> User Interface >> Views menu if your view is loaded. My current suspicion is basically either the view is not loaded or the view selected is not the view that you define. Also, the field state of stock.picking need to be in the view as well (it can be invisible).

on 1/6/15, 4:50 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 12/22/14, 2:47 AM
Seen: 594 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM