I can understand it is not simple to do and to avoid another one to disturb.
How Odoo is tackling these non-wanted insiders?
At least all serious users must avoid losing their efforts and time by NOT CLICKING on these posts from newloo... or others
The forum is self-moderated by the users, so it is always possible to manually downvote user posts and close their questions. However this should be a last resort for manual spam, and we definitely need to spare these effort to the users as much as possible.
Here are the things we have done to limit the spam level at this point:
- Mass-delete the spam posts and the corresponding users via an automated procedure. Probably did not catch 100% but a good share of the spam.
- Fixed the karma system so karma levels are checked also when posting new questions, answers and comments (previously if was not checked so users with negative karma were still able to post). This will enable users and moderators to permanently block a spammer by lowering him to a negative karma.
- Change the karma level temporarily:
- a karma of 20 is now required to be able to post or answer a question (yes obviously this is a problem for new users, we will lower this later - see below)
- removed the karma bonus given by posting questions/answers (you should only get bonus if someone else upvotes your posts)
- Work-in-progress: we are planning to add an optional email validation step on the forum - if you just signed up and have 0 karma you would get a notice on the forum index: you can validate your email and get some karma - just enough to be able to post your first question.
We hope to finish the deployment and fix the karma levels accordingly in the coming days.
Also... might be a good idea to implement a rule that prohibits a user that has some number of posts closed as spam from posting new messages...
I'm constantly closing such posts, and as i can see i'm not the only one,
(with my current karma point i can only close post and tag it spam )
So, the comunitiy members are doing all in their power to keep this forum clean of spam,
and applying such additional rules will make our job (self assigned duty ) easier:)
Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!
About This Community
|Asked: 10/16/14, 7:33 AM|
|Seen: 2505 times|
|Last updated: 9/8/16, 3:04 PM|