Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to extend Poin of Sale module (js and xml)

on 8/28/13, 9:00 AM 3,469 views

I'm trying to make module with some modifications of POS module (which are working now as hardcoded in the module )

For instance I want to change the search_and_categories function in widgets.js so I tried:

openerp.my_module = function(instance){
var module = instance.point_of_sale;
var _super_ = module.ProductCategoriesWidget.prototype.search_and_categories;

module.ProductCategoriesWidget.prototype.search_and_categories = function(category){
        some code here...

It does nothing (hardcoded directly it works)

also _product_search_string function in db.js

openerp.my_module= function(instance){
var module = instance.point_of_sale; 
var _super_ = module.PosLS.prototype._product_search_string;

module.PosLS.prototype._product_search_string = function(product){
   some code here...      

No result.

And would like to change the language and style of the ticket, the only way I know is modifying PosTicket in pos.xml and pos.css

tryed with

<templates id="template" xml:space="preserve">
   <t t-extend="PosTicket">
        new code here...

No success. What is the way of doing that?

Thierry Godin

--Thierry Godin--
| 8 7 8
Collegien, France
--Thierry Godin--

Thierry Godin
On 8/28/13, 11:00 AM

Please take a look at this : Tutorial on module creation: POS Usecase, french+english

Best regards

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 8/28/13, 9:00 AM
Seen: 3469 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM