Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to export selection fields in OpenERP export? [Closed]

on 1/13/15, 1:59 PM 1,042 views

The Question has been closed for reason: not a real question

on 01/15/2015 15:18:33

On exporting selection field , system gives the value stored in database. how to get label for the corresponding value ? I have checked , selection options are no where stored in database.  How selection key, values are computed and displayed on form and tree view.

Which version of Odoo are you working on? In v7 it exported the label value (not the value that is stored in database). In v8 from the code standpoint it seems to do the same as well (exporting label values).

on 1/15/15, 7:45 AM

Sorry, I missed your tag of openerp7 but the latest version of OpenERP7 does export the label value, not the value stored in database. What tools do you use to export?

on 1/15/15, 7:47 AM

Ivan, latest version of OpenERP7 ?? Yes V8 does the export of labels :)

on 1/15/15, 8:32 AM
On 1/15/15, 3:18 PM

Sorry for the question. OpenERP7 also exports labels, I got it wrong becaue selection field was defined with a function. Normal fields are exported corrected. Closing Question.

| 5 4 6
Zagreb | Karlovac, Croatia

there is only 10 kind of people the ones that understand binary ... and others

On 1/15/15, 3:13 AM

Selection field is defined in .py files.. the selection itself is a list of tuples (or a tuple of tuples) where each tuple contains a 
stored value - string to show pair.. like:

selection = [( 'val1', 'Text Value'), ('val2', 'VALUE 2')]  ->
here val1 and val2 will be stored in database,
and Text Value, VALUE 2 will be visible in selection widget.. so when exporting you do not need to know these values ( they can vary depending on translation and lanugage you use) .. it is ok to export/import only val1 and val2....

If you want to know all vals stored in db for field , enable administrator interface, and hoower over the field... now you will have a full list of options, shown as pairs ( stored value - shwon value )

hope it helps.. 

Thanks Bole, I know this stuff but my question is regarding how to export label of those values because those values are relevant only to database but not for someone who want to read exported data. ( I am not going to import exported data back)

on 1/15/15, 8:33 AM

then use ctrl + h ( search/replace) for those vals in exported file...

on 1/15/15, 8:41 AM

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 1/13/15, 1:59 PM
Seen: 1042 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM