This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Dear all I have a stockable product in my warehouse & I need to use it internally in my company as an expense so this transaction shall affect quantities on hand & stock valuation?

E.X

My company is to buy & sell tea & tea is stockable product in my company. If I need to use one or more packs internally as an expense; the quantity on hand & stock value shall decrease with the used packs & expense acc. Shall debit with this amount.

How can I do that using odoo?

Discard
Best Answer

You can manage this by creating new internal transfer. Picking Type : Internal Expense, Source Location : Stock, Destination Location : Expense Location . 

By this you can manage if you have multiple department and which department consume more tea(by creating separate location).

Discard
Best Answer

Unfortunately, the expense module is not linked or affecting the inventory quantities.

I recommend to sell the product to a virtual customer "Internal Consumption" so the quantities can be reflected in the inventory moves.

the only side effect to this approach that you have to sell the items for a price of Zero.accordingly it will not affect the analytic account value related to the process :(

Hope this helps!

Discard
Best Answer

I tried it with the following settings and working fine for me. Please check it let me know if you have any concern.

In the case of internal users can use Delivery order (Use "Internal Usage" of type customer location for better tracking)

Discard