This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hi,

In our company we need to create delivery orders with a fixed delivery date. That means that we don't rely on the automatic computation of the shipment date, and we need to imput that manualy.

Right now I see that the shipment date for a delivery order is set based on the minimum delivery date of the individual items from the Sale Order, and each item has it's own delivery date (lead time) defined on the product page. Now this would be fine for a retailer or something, but we create shipments with multiple components that need to be shipped togheter at the same time to the same location. And that time is not based on the individual components lead time, but on other factors independent from the procurement or availability.

So I need a way to select a date for the shipment date, and apply that date both to the delivery order as a whole (so it appears corectly on the "Warehouse" -> "Delivery Orders" view) and to the individual products (so the same date appears on the "Warehouse" -> "Deliver Products" for each item). This way the workers can take a quick look at those views and plan the packing and the transport for the day.

Is there a way to do that appart from setting the dates individually on each item on the delivery order? Manualy is very prone to mistakes and bad design generaly. I would prefer to put a field on the confirmed Sale Order with the shipment date that would transfer automatically to the delivery order, or at least a button on the Delivery Order to automaticaly set the date on each item and delivery order. I tried the [sale_order_dates] module but it seems usless since it does nothing but put some date fields on the sale order but the selected date doesn't transfer to the delivery order. I'm willing wo write custom code for this functionality, but I don't know the correct way to approach this.

Thank you

Discard
Author Best Answer

Well I guess there is no solution to this other then develop my own module or modify the logic. I'm thinking of placing a button on the delivery order that, when pressed, will put the same shipment date on all the items, and leave the shippment date on the delivery order always visible and editable.

If anyone can give me some general pointers on how to achive that it would be very helpfull.

Thank you

Discard
Best Answer

Hi, the date created in the delivery order, is the Commitment Date from Sale Order, you can change the function _get_commitment_date from sale_order_dates and that will be the date of the delivery...

Discard

For Romanian Developments join https://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=8149061&goback=&trk=grp-name

Author

Thanks for your answer, but that doesn't work. The Date on the delivery order is NOT the Commitment Date. That date is computed separately from the Commitment Date. Like I said, the [sale_order_dates] module does nothing but place those fields on the sale order, it does not transfer the values anywhere.