Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to enable products variants in v7

By
Mihalache Ciprian
on 2/7/13, 3:53 AM 9,891 views

Hello.

In openerp v7 there is an option on warehouse (Support multiple variants per products - Allow to manage several variants per product. As an example, if you sell T-Shirts, for the same "Linux T-Shirt", you may have variants on sizes or colors; S, M, L, XL, XXL.)

On product page where can I define for the t-shirt size S - 3 as quantity, for M - 4 as quantity and so on. So final quantity of the product will be 7 (3xS; 4xM)

When I activate product variants I only get on product page

Variants (a strange field where I can write anything I want) Variant Price Margin Variant Price Extra

I need some help.

Olivier Dony (odo)

--Olivier Dony (odo)--
| 7 6 7
--Olivier Dony (odo)--

Olivier Dony (odo)
On 2/7/13, 6:07 AM

This option should not have been displayed, it was actually a bug, and it has now been removed. It only makes sense when you also install the extra module product_multi_variant.

Note that this module has not been updated to v7 as far as I know. It probably requires a few minor updates to inherited views to match the new parent view definition in the official product module.

Thanks, Dony. So I need to duplicate initial product and add in field varianta s, m. But how can then see on reports cumulative quantity for a product. Example: I create productid M (quantity 3), productid S (quantity 4) and then on reports I want to see productid = 7 quantity.

Mihalache Ciprian
on 2/7/13, 6:14 AM

I don't think you can do that straight from Openerp ( reports are not the strongest point of OE). You need some kind of report module for this.

Tom Arnst
on 2/7/13, 6:49 AM

There is an update of the product_variant_multi for V7 : https://code.launchpad.net/~akretion-team/openerp-product-variant/migr-v7-wip

xiaolong97427
on 3/14/13, 7:28 AM

That seems like a poor choice to move forward with v7 before completing the variants aspect. Variants are such an integral part of an innumerable amount of businesses that I can't imagine why they would decide to do that. I for one am now in the position of having to create multiple products to support a color option. This feature is a staple of many other ERP, eCommerce, and web platforms that someone really dropped the ball by deciding to do without.

Elephante, Sean Samborski
on 12/19/13, 12:03 AM

How can we add inventory/stock for each variant?

Chintan Parikh
on 5/8/14, 11:15 AM

gunnar

--gunnar--
| 6 7 8
Germany
--gunnar--

born

gunnar
On 3/8/13, 7:06 PM

maybe the product_custom_attributes Module would be helpful. But same situation here: has not been ported to V7 yet (there launchpad site). I couldn't test it myself yet due to this but have seen a short demo somewhere. Eventually this can be useful for your case too.

Tom Arnst
On 2/7/13, 5:51 AM

Openerp supports only one variant for a product. If you need more (S,M,L,XL) check out a module called product multi variant, otherwise you have to duplicate the original product for every size and set the size to the variants field. The field variants is used for the variant description e.g. XL. The price margin field should be 1 (same as original product). The price extra field can be used for extra charge for that variant(based on the original price).

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/7/13, 3:53 AM
Seen: 9891 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM