Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to enable Debugging for OpenERP7 on Windows?

By
Gregor Heger
on 3/12/14, 12:11 PM 1,595 views

Hi,

I'm on the really hard mission to enable debugging for OpenERP7 on Windows. My wish is to be able to set breakpoints in modules within my Windows Eclipse IDE and browse across python objects.

I googled some tutorials to enable it and found one, but it is not very clear: This is a link -> debug-openerp-python-code-in-eclipse.blogspot.in

According to the tutorial I opened the Run Configurations and entered my current Module Project which is located in C:\Tools\OpenERP7\Server . This is no problem.

Afterwards, it says to choose the main module file openerp-server within OpenERP7\Server\server -- BUT -- there is no openerp-server file! Eclipse says, it must be a python file containing a __main__ method. Do I have to install the sources version of openerp or why is there no openerp-server file located in my \server directory?

Martin

--Martin--
| 5 6 8
Cornwall, Canada
--Martin--

Analysing, designing, coding and mentoring since 1975. Kilobytes to terabytes. Punch cards to punchy sites. My OpenERP video series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLq7op4J183lX44ZlXPiHxUpRvmmRDtxye My Google Speadsheets --> OpenERP Data Pump project: http://martinhbramwell.github.io/GData_OpenERP_Data_Pump My email (with spaces removed) : mhb . warehouseman @ gmail . com

Martin
On 3/13/14, 6:52 AM

Thanks, but it doesn't. There is an explanation for general remote debugging which is not helping in my case. It requires that debugging locally is already possible. But I don't know how to debug. I think the Problem is, that the server is an executable exe-file and I need the server as python script, so that Eclipse can execute the server python script. BY THE WAY: I downloaded the openerp source and built it finally. Surprisingly, it doesn't contain the server. So I think I have to download and built the server source explicitly??? I'm confused..

Gregor Heger
on 3/13/14, 7:18 AM
Gregor Heger
On 3/13/14, 12:09 PM

Guys! I DID IT! To make debugging possible for eclipse on windows, you can follow the tutorial I mentioned before -> -> debug-openerp-python-code-in-eclipse.blogspot.in

But following additional information is necessary to make it possible: 1. You have to use the source version. Only there, you find the file openerp-server which you can rename to openerp-server.py if you want. 2. Then, you can enter for the main module the diret path to the openerp-server file. You may have to type in the path directly.

Hi, I've been trying to debug OpenERP7 on Windows too. Could you please tells me how to build the source version on Windows? Or any references that you used to build OpenERP7 on Windows, please.

GonG
on 5/6/14, 1:59 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/12/14, 12:11 PM
Seen: 1595 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM