Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to enable a portal User to see and create tasks in their projects in odoo 8.0?

By
Martin Ruf
on 10/22/14, 5:56 PM 1,116 views

I opened the portal for my customers.

Now he should be able to see his project, some or all tasks and he should be able to create tasks.

All of that of course only within its own projects.

How to do that?

Is this a customer using portal access or an employee?

James Utru
on 10/22/14, 9:09 PM
James Utru
On 10/28/14, 11:28 AM

I am still very new to this but I created two database. Once with demo data and the other without.

I created a demo user on the NON Demo database using the same "Demo User" settings from the "Demo" filled database. 

I then created a Project using the Administrator account and added the demo user to the "Team" section of the project.

Then I logged in with the Demo User account (keep in mind this is the non demo filled database)

I was able to view the project and make modifications to it using the Demo User account.

Nicholas Riegel
On 10/23/14, 8:48 AM

I think the permiissions need to be changed. It might be easier to create a module to do this.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/22/14, 5:56 PM
Seen: 1116 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM