Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to eMail an expense receipt to and expenses record (Expense App) ?

By
Colin Bacon
on 11/9/14, 1:49 PM 787 views

As I travel a lot I normally have 100's of receipts to book each month together with my expenses. I normally always have electronic copies of the receipts which have been emailed to me (e.g. flight tickets), or quick photos taken  with my smartphone (e.g. restaurant bills) or if all else fails scan them on my multifunction scanner which are then emailed as a .pdf

Either way I would like to forward these receipts via the Odoo messaging direclly to an expense record. The expenses are normally related to a project or contract.

I don't really want the hassel of uploading these to an expense record as I normally shoot and send with my smartphone as soon as I get the receipt. I have't tried emailing a document to google drive yet but that could be a solution. 

Question:

Anyone got any ideas how I can email receipts to e.g. to a project repository and then attach the emails or the  .pdf documents to an expense item record in the same way you can attach emails to customer and projects?

Any ideas would be appreciated...

Best Regards

Colin

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/9/14, 1:49 PM
Seen: 787 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM