Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to edit the source code of Odoo?

By
Syam S G
on 8/10/15, 11:51 PM 544 views

I'm using OpenERP 8.0. I'm unable to edit the source code Oodo. While editing the code an error message displayed. 

Can anyone tell me a solution to edit the source code. Thanks in advance.

Hi, Pls Describe your question properly why you want to edit source code?A good way is Not to edit odoo main source code.Instead of this, U can build custom modules for required changes using inheritance.

PujaBaa Zala
on 8/11/15, 3:26 AM

Contact me! skype: terry_haui. I will help you

Tazan
on 8/11/15, 4:47 AM

Solanki Shamji

--Solanki Shamji--
| 5 2 6
Baroda, India
--Solanki Shamji--

Hello!

Solanki Shamji
On 8/11/15, 9:40 AM

Hello,

Make practice to made a own module for customization in odoo existing module.

If you find any bug in odoo source code than post it on git odoo and give proper answer with solutions.

Because all people are using same addons so if you changes in odoo source code than nobody can find solution for your problems.

Thanks.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/10/15, 11:51 PM
Seen: 544 times
Last updated: 8/11/15, 9:41 AM