This question has been flagged
6 Replies

In odoo 9 under product, i see the sales description the picking description etc under notes but I don't see the product description. I believe the field in question is product.website_description because I can see in the product page template under the web but I can't find it anywhere to edit in the backup (sales -> products)

Discard
Best Answer

It is the "description for quotation" under Sales/Products/Notes which is displayed in the website and can be edited in the backend and in the website frontend.

Discard
Best Answer

There are actually two different options. The "Description for Quotation" will appear on the website and on any documents that show a quote. Invoices, Sales Orders, Sales Quotes, etc. There is a field for "Website Description". You can import into this field, or access it in the product page within the eCommerce site on the front end (yoursite.com/shop/product/[productname]). It is hidden in the backend when editing product information. 

Desc. for Quotation is the easiest, however, if you have a large description, it can add up quickly and make a few lines on a receipt quickly become several pages. 

Discard
Author

While everyone is correct with the answer, you actually got to the root of my issue. I print out a sale order for the client which I put in the box to ship, now my website description should be SEO driven. I see a small deficiency on the part of odoo... A good description for SEO needs to contain good keywords and good content, a good description for the sale order should be a 1 liner, combining the two makes is no suitable for one or the other

Best Answer

Hi there,

On Odoo10, I don't find the website description.

I need the website description to be different from the quotation description.

In short I want to add more information on the website that is not needed on the sales order and invoices.

From the video, changing the description from the shop on the front view updates the quotation description but not the website description....

I do not understand why this field is always hidden. If we set the product to be published on the shop of the website, then the website description field should appear on the product page in the backend so the product manager can update the information for the website.

Looking forward to your feedback

Discard

I think the assumption on the website description field is that you maintain it on the shop product page in the frontend (just like any other contents maintained through drag & drop snippets), and I think it makes sense.

Best Answer

Just did this:

https://youtu.be/gpeeiA-M2-s

I really hope that helps.

[]'s

Higor

Discard

While your video is correct, it is easier to describe it shortly in one sentence. Also your video should be in english to make it better understandable.