Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to edit the product website description

By
Ralph LAvaud
on 3/4/16, 7:53 PM 1,385 views

In odoo 9 under product, i see the sales description the picking description etc under notes but I don't see the product description. I believe the field in question is product.website_description because I can see in the product page template under the web but I can't find it anywhere to edit in the backup (sales -> products)

Ermin Trevisan

--Ermin Trevisan--
| 6 3 7
Walchwil, Switzerland
--Ermin Trevisan--

Ermin Trevisan
On 3/5/16, 1:50 AM

It is the "description for quotation" under Sales/Products/Notes which is displayed in the website and can be edited in the backend and in the website frontend.

Gregory Gillis
On 3/7/16, 11:05 AM

There are actually two different options. The "Description for Quotation" will appear on the website and on any documents that show a quote. Invoices, Sales Orders, Sales Quotes, etc. There is a field for "Website Description". You can import into this field, or access it in the product page within the eCommerce site on the front end (yoursite.com/shop/product/[productname]). It is hidden in the backend when editing product information. 

Desc. for Quotation is the easiest, however, if you have a large description, it can add up quickly and make a few lines on a receipt quickly become several pages. 

While everyone is correct with the answer, you actually got to the root of my issue. I print out a sale order for the client which I put in the box to ship, now my website description should be SEO driven. I see a small deficiency on the part of odoo... A good description for SEO needs to contain good keywords and good content, a good description for the sale order should be a 1 liner, combining the two makes is no suitable for one or the other

Ralph LAvaud
on 3/7/16, 1:26 PM
Higor Vaz
On 3/4/16, 8:52 PM

Just did this:

https://youtu.be/gpeeiA-M2-s

I really hope that helps.

[]'s

Higor

While your video is correct, it is easier to describe it shortly in one sentence. Also your video should be in english to make it better understandable.

Ermin Trevisan
on 3/5/16, 1:53 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/4/16, 7:53 PM
Seen: 1385 times
Last updated: 3/7/16, 11:05 AM