Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to edit lead or opportunity stage?

By
Lawrence
on 4/4/13, 12:49 PM 3,934 views

In openERP v6.1 the method by which a stage could be changed on a lead or opportunity was a green arrow which the user could press.

In v7 I cannot see a way to change the stage of a lead (even when editing the lead it is not possible to change the status under 'extra info').

For opportunities the stage can be changed from the Kanban view, but again I can't see how to from form view. Sometimes the blue icon in the top right appears as an array of arrows and sometimes just a single box (this does not appear to be consistent each time an opportunity is opened).

Is there a simple way to do this?

Thanks! Lawrence

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)

--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--
| 6 8 8
fsdsdfsdf, Belgium
--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--

Odoo Founder & CEO

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)
On 4/4/13, 5:12 PM

The available stages are depending on the sales team. If your opportunity has a sales team defined, in the form view, the stages appear on the top right and you can click on a stage to change it.

You can also drag & drop from the kanban view.

Thank you!

Lawrence
on 4/4/13, 5:18 PM

patrick

--patrick--
| 5 4 7
Baarn, Netherlands
--patrick--
patrick
On 4/4/13, 4:28 PM

In V7, I create a lead. When saving this, I get a button called 'Convert to Opportunity'. When clicking this button, it shows a window, with the option of choosing the conversion action and the related customer. You might have to add additional info to the lead in order to convert it to a new customer.

When I go to the opportunity, I have a button to 'Mark won', 'Mark lost' and 'Convert quotation'. The last button gives me a screen to specify some additional info and will create a new Quotation for this user.

I am using openERP V7, from nightly (and updated today).

sripada
On 5/8/13, 7:30 AM

HI, I checked it in the sales team its having all the stages. but still its showing only one stage (lets consider stage as Proposition)

If i change it from Proposition to Won in the Kanban view its showing only won stage.

can any one help me in this..?

Thanks in advance

Francesco OpenCode

--Francesco OpenCode--
| 5 7 9
Grottaglie, Italy
--Francesco OpenCode--

Italian Odoo (OpenERP) Modules Developer LINKEDIN: http://www.linkedin.com/in/francescoapruzzese

Francesco OpenCode
On 4/4/13, 2:03 PM

To change a state of a lead, you can drag&drop it to the new state.

Under Sales->Sales->Leads I can't see a way to view in kanban view, meaning it's not possible to do as you say (only in opportunities can this be done).

Lawrence
on 4/4/13, 2:13 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/4/13, 12:49 PM
Seen: 3934 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM