Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to (easily) set up menu access rights?

By
Milos Stepanovic
on 5/26/13, 4:23 PM 1,102 views

Hi,

I would like to create a user that should have access only to read, write and delete Customers and Products. Hiding all other menu items looked like a good solution (I saw this on official tutorial), but even for this simple case I cannot make access right restrictions. Can someone please paste me a good link tutorial to manage access rights or help me with this usecase?

Milos Stepanovic
On 5/30/13, 1:29 PM

I got it. It is more complex then I initially thought. But, if someone needs to really quickly adjust menu links to be hidden for certain groups - here's the way to do it. (This is definitely not the correct way but "lazy/easy" way):

1. Create your Group
  2. Assign Admin rights (same as Admin group) to the group
  3. Find User Interface -> Menu items you need for group and set your group to it with admin group.
  4. Repeat 3. for all links you need.

I repeat, this is not the right way (I'm still learning the proper way to configure user rights), but I hate leaving my questions unanswered.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/26/13, 4:23 PM
Seen: 1102 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM