Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to easily modify a view

By
OLIVIER INFORMATIQUE
on 1/15/14, 9:02 AM 760 views

Hi everybody,

I am currently testing openerp7. It is amazing. I used openerp since version 5.

I think it is possible by modifying the right file in >technicall > user interface ... as before in the GTK client.

Previously it was possible to slightly modify a view dynamically and easily with the web interface. Is it still possible with version 7 ?

Thanks for you help.

Olivier.

Timo Talvitie
On 1/15/14, 9:29 AM

Yes, it's possible also with v7:

Enable the developer mode by clicking the user name on the top right corner and selecting About OpenERP -> Activate the developer mode. Now go to the view you want to edit, and a new Debug view dropdown menu should have appeared.

Select the appropriate view type from that dropdown, and you will be a shown an XML view that you can edit directly.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/15/14, 9:02 AM
Seen: 760 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM