This question has been flagged
1 Reply

his is my case, i have been given permission to edit an Odoo11 erp and I'm implementing a new module. Making a general back up from hte whole system is out of the question. So what i woud like to do is to create 2 modules. 1 for development and the other one to be used as back up. I will be doing all sort of things on development and would like to use the other module as a duplicated for every time I have a stable version of my module. To summarize.

How do i duplicate a module? Like a complete exactly duplicate with the only difference on the duplicated module being its name.

Discard
Best Answer

Use version control like git, right tool to sync code.

And for backup of database go to http://odooinstance/web/database/manager and take backup.

Discard
Author

LOL. Ok got it. I honestly didn't expect that answer at all. I mean, I was waitting for someone to say "yeah, there's this thing integrated on Odoo that works like GItHub". But I guess since Odoo works with GitHub it doesn't need too much workaround. I'm laughing at myself now :P I guess I know will have to buy a private account on GitHub