Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to Download and Install external modules for OpenERP 7

on 6/6/13, 1:03 PM 20,727 views

I'd like to know how to download and install external modules for OpenERP 7.

I looked into www.openerp.com/apps but whenever I try to download a module, it gives me a page with "15 days Trial" and when I click, it gives me the famous 15 days Trial of OpenERP.

And when I look around the OpenERP that I have installed, I didn't find anything that shows where to upload an external module.

What's the problem? and How can I fix it?

Thanks for your help!

Grover Menacho

--Grover Menacho--
| 5 7 8
La Paz, Bolivia
--Grover Menacho--

Systems Engineer + MBA

Grover Menacho
On 6/6/13, 4:42 PM

You already have the modules that are on the apps page of OpenERP. You just have to enter there and see the Module section to install them. When you enter to the module page you'll see on the top page a search field, it's filled with "featured", but if you delete it you'll see all the modules. If you want to install new modules you have to upload them on the "Addons" folder.

But there are also additional locations on the internet where you can download modules for openERP. These have to be installed at the /addons directory (ubuntu: /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/openerp/addons). Copy the files are su user or with sudo cp ...... Than restart the server to get the new/modified modules, go to settings -> Installed modules, remove installed, and search for your module.

on 6/6/13, 5:31 PM

Hi Patrick, I followed these instructions with some changes because I an running on Windows XP but the module doesn't appear in the module list. Any ideas why? The module was placed in the programfiles\openERP\server\server\openerp\ folder and then I restarted my machine. The module is the ea_import module from http://www.enapps.co.uk

Kevin Holmes
on 7/10/13, 2:48 PM

First, there should be a folder called addons, place it there. Second, if the module does not have a file with the name __openerp__.py, it cannot be found. Thirdly, not all modules are working under openERP V7.

on 7/11/13, 12:57 PM

Hi I have the same problem, but it says I don't have the permission to access/past in the folder. how can get access or right permission to do this?

Nasir Totakhil
on 9/15/13, 4:34 AM

@Nasir if you are using linux you must use sudo or be the root

Omid Rezvani
on 9/15/13, 4:57 AM

i am using Ubuntu but don't know how to use the root, because at first startup of computer the sudo or root user does not come to get log in can u tell me how to do it via terminal ?

Nasir Totakhil
on 9/15/13, 5:51 AM

You can run sudo passwd to change the password of root (in ubuntu), then login as root when you logout your server. Or you can type sudo before any terminal command to run that command with root permissions

Omid Rezvani
on 9/15/13, 6:53 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 6/6/13, 1:03 PM
Seen: 20727 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM