Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to do for the followers to receive a mail when a change is done?

on 4/4/13, 6:12 PM 1,795 views

I'm trayin to achive that the followers recieve a email. I don't understand very wll how followers work. For example, i create a new opotunity document and add a follower. Then i change the state of the document but then follower does not receive a mail. It's difficult to explain...my english is more o less.

On 4/4/13, 6:31 PM

Your description resembles that of a newsletter, if that's right going for a ride on the site v6apps.openerp.com/addon, and recherche newslettrer

AJ Schrafel Paper Corp

--AJ Schrafel Paper Corp--
| 4 5 8
Bronx, United States
--AJ Schrafel Paper Corp--

Exploring OpenERP for business

AJ Schrafel Paper Corp
On 4/5/13, 2:33 PM

First the user must follow the item, then they must be following all the stages. To the right of the message fields at the bottom of the screen there are a bunch of check boxes, if a user is not getting messages that you want them to get, make sure the appropriate check box is marked, in their login.

Thanks...it works when for example i change the stage. The subtypes that exists are for stage change, but its possible create a subtype for a field so when the field changes it fires an email to all followers. For example the field probability in the oportunity document...if i change the value of this fields and save de document all followers recieved an email telling the change that was done in the document?

on 4/5/13, 2:46 PM
On 4/5/13, 10:32 AM

I'm working with openerp 7...Correct me if i'm wrong. When you add a follower for a document, for example a contact if that document changes stage the follower has to receive an email...If this cocept is right, how do i do that?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 4/4/13, 6:12 PM
Seen: 1795 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM