Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to do data migration from openerp 7 to odoo8?

By
John Chua
on 8/17/14, 7:25 AM 3,475 views

I wish to migrate the following from openerp 7 to odoo8.

products

customers

suppliers

Can I just do export and import or is there a migration script available?

Ahmet Altinisik

--Ahmet Altinisik--
| 8 7 10
ANKARA, Turkey
--Ahmet Altinisik--

http://www.altinkaya.eu

Ahmet Altinisik
On 8/17/14, 9:54 AM

Export & import would be much easier than migration script. If you just need partner and product data

not sure whether ex/-import will work with products (they seems to be quite different v7/v8) examples in v8 there is only 'can be sold' checkbox in v8 products while v7 you have 'can be sold' and 'can be purchased'. Futhermore product variants are part of the product in v8 somewhat. I wonder how that can be matched by just importing (if you used product-variant-multi v7 for example)

gunnar
on 8/18/14, 3:15 AM

not sure whether ex/-import will work with products (they seems to be quite different v7/v8) examples in v8 there is only 'can be sold' checkbox in v8 products while v7 you have 'can be sold' and 'can be purchased'. Futhermore product variants are part of the product in v8 somewhat. I wonder how that can be matched by just importing (if you used product-variant-multi v7 for example)

gunnar
on 8/18/14, 3:15 AM
elkafil
On 8/18/14, 11:06 AM

you can use a tools like talend ETL for mapping data and transfert il from v7 to V8

Stephen Mack

--Stephen Mack--
| 8 8 9
Santiago, Chile
--Stephen Mack--

Some people call me a karma whore, I only ask for 10 points if you like my answer and 15 if I happen to get it correct.

Stephen Mack
On 11/4/14, 9:35 AM

Do you know about the Community Upgrade project?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/17/14, 7:25 AM
Seen: 3475 times
Last updated: 4/29/16, 10:44 PM